Victims of the Trade: Stolen. Killed. Eaten.
Acts of unbelievable cruelty are happening throughout Southeast Asia. Every day in Cambodia, Indonesia and Vietnam, pet dogs and cats are stolen from loving families, leaving their owners desperate for their return. The animals are captured and then taken to slaughterhouses and markets to be brutally killed. The dog and cat meat trade also poses serious human health risks as it encourages the spread of rabies and other deadly illnesses.
It’s been four years since we started our #ProtectMillions campaign in 2019 and what we achieved since then is simply incredible:
- We have rescued more than 200 dogs and cats from slaughter last minute.
- Closed down 4 major slaughterhouses in Cambodia and Vietnam…
- …which resulted in saving the lives of more than 80,000 dogs and cats – each year!
- We introduced bans in 22 cities and regencies through working as a part of the Dog Meat Free Indonesia Coalition.
- Over 2 million people around the world have signed our petition to end the trade! Add your signature
But our work is not done until the trade has come to an end. Please donate today to help us end the cruel dog and cat meat trade in Southeast Asia.