Millions of innocent animals live locked up in tiny cages only to be brutally killed for their fur. FOUR PAWS is calling on the European Union to ban fur farming as well as farmed fur sales in Europe. Together we can do it!
European citizens can join the Fur Free Movement and sign the European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) to end this cruelty in the EU for good! (While Americans cannot sign this petition, you can still spread the word and share with your European family and friends!)
- UNACCEPTABLE: The living conditions of innocent wild animals, such as raccoon dogs, foxes and mink, farmed for fur are horrific. They stand no chance, kept in tiny cages and brutally killed for their fur. Let’s call on the EU not only to ban fur farming, but to also ban sales of farmed fur in Europe.
- UNSAFE: Fur farms pose a risk to animal and human health. During the COVID-19 pandemic, hundreds of mink farms experienced coronavirus outbreaks, and new variants of the virus were transmitted to humans from animals. This can happen again if we don’t stop it!
- UNSUSTAINABLE: Fur farming has a big environmental impact and poses a severe threat to our planet. Producing fur involves using toxic chemicals, and fur dressing and dyeing is ranked in the top five highest pollution-intensity industries in terms of land pollution by toxic metals.
- REAL ACTION, REAL CHANGE: This is not just a petition. Once an initiative has reached 1 million validated signatures, the European Commission must respond and take action.
- PAST SUCCESS: The previous ECI "End the Cage Age" brought historic changes toward ending caged farm animals. It works! And now, we are working with a large group of international animal welfare organizations to make sure this ECI will count. Join the movement!
- ECI DATA PROTECTION: The Initiative requires citizens to provide personal data to validate their support. Be assured that your information can only be used for this Initiative and not for other purposes. FOUR PAWS is following all legal requirements, GDPR and data protection rules.
Note: Any advertisements that may appear during the viewing of this video are unrelated to FOUR PAWS. We assume no liability for this content.