Extremely intelligent, sociable and curious – goats are fascinating animals. They are closely related to sheep and have played an important role in human lives for a long time. Here are 10 interesting facts about goats you might not know.
- A baby goat is called a kid.
- Goats are sociable animals and become depressed if they are separated or isolated from their companions. Despite being social, they are not flock-orientated like sheep.
- They are one of the cleanliest animals and are more selective feeders than cows, sheep, pigs, swine, and even dogs.
- Goats are very intelligent and curious animals. Their inquisitive nature is exemplified through their constant desire to explore and investigate anything unfamiliar they come across.
- They communicate with each other by bleating. Mothers will often call to their young (kids) to ensure they stay close-by.