Cauliflower Nuggets with Coleslaw Salad
Deliciously crunchy snack or appetizer
for the cauliflower nuggets
- 460 g cauliflower
- 110 g chickpeas
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 30 g chia seeds
other ingredients and spices
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 pinch of nutmeg powder
for the coleslaw salad
- 180 g white cabbage (cut into fine strips)
- 180 g carrots (peeled, coarsely grated)
- 1 spring onion with leaves
- 50 ml of tasteless oil (organic rapeseed or sunflower oil)
- 50 ml soy drink
- 30 g plant-based sour cream
- ½ organic lemon (1 tbsp of juice and ½ tsp peal)
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp yeast flakes
- Salt and pepper
- For the cauliflower nuggets, place the cauliflower and chickpeas in a blender or cutter, chop in 3 - 4 stages to rice grain size and place in a bowl.
Then add the chia seeds to the blender with 1/3 cup water, mix well and add to the bowl.
Add 20 g of breadcrumbs, cornstarch and nutmeg and season well with salt and pepper. Mix all thoroughly with your hands, season to taste and set aside to allow the chia seeds to swell and bind.
In the meantime, prepare the salad. For the mayonnaise, pour the soy milk with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard and a little salt into a tall container and mix briefly with a hand-held blender. Then slowly add the oil while mixing, to allow the mixture to form.
Pour the mayonnaise in a bowl. Add the cabbage, carrots and sour cream and mix well with your hands. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
For the cauliflower nuggets, place 30 g of breadcrumbs in a deep plate and place another plate with paper towels.
Then heat the peanut oil in a pan. In the meantime, form the nuggets from the mixture with your hands, turn them into the breadcrumbs and saute each side for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Remove from the pan and add to the plate to drain.
Season the coleslaw salad again, spread on two plates, sprinkle with the leaves of a spring onion and serve with the cauliflower nuggets.