GINGERBREAD MINI CAKE WITH HOT CHERRIES
Heavenly Christmas Dessert: Juicy Mini Cakes
with chocolate & gingerbread
- 100 g dark block chocolate
- 200 ml vegetable cream (e.g. soy cream)
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 ml rapeseed oil
- 1-2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 150 g spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g
gingerbread with dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 400 ml orange juice
- 2 packets bourbon vanilla sugar
- 500 g defrosted frozen sour cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees – top and bottom heat. Coarsely chop the chocolate and melt it in a pot together with the vegetable cream. Stir in the sugar and oil.
Flavour the chocolate mixture with the gingerbread spice, salt and cocoa and finally stir in the flour and baking powder.
Cut the gingerbread into cubes, fold them in, put them into paper cups in a muffin tin lined with 12 cups and bake for about 20 minutes. Leave the gingerbread cakes to cool in the muffin pan for at least 20 minutes.
While the muffins are cooling, stir the starch with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth. Bring the orange juice together with the vanilla sugar to a boil, add the starch and the cherries while stirring and simmer briefly. Sweeten to taste and keep warm until serving.
Carefully remove the lukewarm mini cakes from the paper cups, place 2 pieces each on a dessert plate with the top down and serve together with the hot cherries.