Funny Facts about Animals
Wildlife is full of secrets and surprises – find out more!
- The laziest animal in the world is the koala. They sleep for around 20 hours a day! That sounds like a relaxed life!
- A tricolour (or calico) cat is almost always female. They are often called lucky cats (they should bring us luck!). Read more about cats here!
- Cockroaches have been around for a very long time – even before the dinosaurs.
- Flying forwards and backwards – that’s no problem for honeybees and bumblebees.
- The color of the skin of an adult polar bear is, surprisingly, black.
Learn more about...
bears, guinea pigs, pigs and dogs
We’re all aware that guinea pigs are funny little creatures, here are 13 fun facts about them!
- A chameleon catches its prey with its tongue – which is about twice as long as its body.
- In order to recognize each other, squirrels kiss when they encounter.
- There are studies that show cows produce more milk when they listen to quiet music. Get more facts about dairy cattle here!
- Horses like to drink and drink and drink: on average, a horse drinks up to 30-60 litres of water a day.